Join our team! Events coordinator at Romania Insider
Romania Insider is looking for a senior events coordinator, with at least 2 years of experience in organizing business events. The job is full-time, based in Bucharest.
We are an independent media group with a mission to inform correctly from Romania towards the world. Romania-Insider.com, launched in 2010, is read by over 3.5 million unique readers from all over the world every year. Our media group has been active on the Romanian market for over 12 years.
Requirements for senior events coordinator:
- Excellent spoken and written English – language skills
- Romanian mother tongue is not a must; however, Romanian language knowledge can be a plus
- Excellent in organizing their own tasks as well as coordinating with colleagues in reaching their goals
- Excellent communication skills, both in person and through remote work channels
- Able to work on several projects in parallel
- Loves figuring things out and getting them done, by themselves and as part of a team
- Organizes all stages of the Romania Insider Awards, including competition and 300-person gala, together with the managing partner, consultants and with support from sales, marketing & admin teams,
- Organizes HR Breakfast event series - 7 events/year, 30-50 attendants per event, various locations; coordinates with location, food & beverage providers and sponsors of each event, manages guest list & signups
- Works with managing partner on new event series - concept & logistics, for 2020 and 2021
- Communicates and coordinates with third parties involved in events, organizes pre-event meetings, prepares needed materials
- Sends invitations to events and communicates with guests
- May attend sponsorship sales meetings together with sales team
- Multi-cultural working environment, both internally (German and French shareholders), as well as with clients and decision-makers of different nationalities and from different cultures
- Organizational culture focused on efficiency, results, but also on personal development and well-being, fairness and team spirit
- Coaching, learning and personal development program
- Fixed remuneration; if you bring new events clients, we will pay a sales commission (negotiable)
- You will be working with two other colleagues in a beautiful co-working space where our HQ are, as well as interact daily via Slack or Video Calls with several other colleagues who work remotely
- Work from home every Friday
- Day off on birthdays
To apply for this position, please send an email with a brief message about yourself and your CV to email@example.com. Deadline - January 20, 2020
Romania Insider is the leading foreign – language publisher in Romania, with several media platforms in English. Launched in 2010, Romania Insider is the flagship publication and the most read daily news and features website in English dedicated to Romania, with over 3.4 million premium readers a year from all over the world.
Romania Insider Awards bring together business and society, with a focus on positive Romania, ethics and contribution to society. Launched last year, the series culminates with a yearly Gala in October. The media company also publishes a yearly print & digital travel & expat guide in English, among others.