We at Romania-Insider.com stand by and take pride in the ethical principles of our job. Everything we do as Romania-Insider.com journalists is independent. We do our best to get information correctly, go to the original source of the news and report it back to our readers, free from bias. The editorial side of this website works independently from the advertising sales side and whatever we write, we write in good faith. We strive to be accurate, balanced and ethical.
In order to make it clearer how we work, here are the main editorial rules we stand by and apply day in and day out. Knowing these will help when getting in touch with us:
- We will not write in exchange for money or any other benefits from third parties. Our editorial content is not for sale. There are specially marked ad spaces that you can buy.
- If you want Romania-Insider.com to write about you or your company/project, please get in touch with our reporters and editors directly.
- If you want to discuss advertising options, one of our colleagues in the ad sales department will be there to assist you. Our journalists do not sell advertising, nor negotiate any type of commercial deals.
- We do not write stories to help land sales, contracts or as a favor to an existing commercial client. We use our sound news judgment when deciding what stories to pursue.
- Romania-Insider.com never submits stories, news articles for sources to vet before publication, as this would breach our independence. Please make sure you check your answers before you send them out. We may, by our own will, check back with a source to verify a quote or some information given.
- Once you are interviewed by one of our journalists and you are on the record, what you say during the interview can go into the story we will write. We don’t accept changes to your quotes once the story has been published.
- If we make an error, we will openly correct it.
- We do not pay for getting information or for exclusive stories.
Romania-Insider.com journalists and editors also stand by the 10 Absolutes of Reuters Journalism:
- Always hold accuracy sacrosanct
- Always correct an error openly
- Always strive for balance and freedom from bias
- Always reveal a conflict of interest to a manager
- Always respect privileged information
- Always protect their sources from the authorities
- Always guard against putting their opinion in a news story
- Never fabricate or plagiarize
- Never alter a still or moving image beyond the requirements of normal image enhancement
- Never pay for a story and never accept a bribe
Read some fresh articles
The Ciurel Bridge - Nod Virtutii, an important infrastructure project aimed at decongesting traffic
A diplomat from the US Embassy in Bucharest was robbed on Thursday evening, September 17, in the
Romanian officials confirmed 1,527 new coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, out of 25,254 tests,
The Bucharest Stock Exchange (BVB) will officially become an emerging market as of Monday, September
A house search carried out by Romanian police officers and prosecutors in Neamt county, in
The restoration of the National Museum of Romanian History (MNIR) in Bucharest will be completed
For Academic Year 2020-2021, Cambridge School of Bucharest (CSB) embarks on a new stage of its 26
Some 200 hectares of new beaches will be available for tourists visiting the Romanian Black Sea
The high-end residential market in Bucharest is in full development, most of the projects that
Romania "is not ready" to abandon the flat [income] tax rate, which "has served the country well" in
The biggest Romanian airline, Blue Air, announced that it would introduce 49 new flights per week
The public in Ploiesti, a city 60km north of Bucharest, will serve as a test group for Romanian