Profile picture for user andreich
Andrei Chirileasa
Editor-in-Chief

Andrei studied finance at the Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies and started his journalism career in 2004 with Ziarul Financiar, the leading financial newspaper in Romania, where he worked for ten years, the last six of which as editor of the capital markets section. He joined the Romania-Insider.com team in 2014 as editor and became Editor-in-Chief in 2016. He currently oversees the daily content published on Romania-Insider.com and likes to stay up to date with everything relevant in business, politics, and life in Romania. Andrei lives with his family in the countryside in Northern Romania, where he built their own house. In his free time, he studies horticulture and tends to his family’s garden. He enjoys foraging in the woods and long walks on the hills and valleys around his village. Email him for story ideas and interviews at andrei@romania-insider.com. 

 

WeBuild wins EUR 1 bln contract for key section of Sibiu-Pitesti motorway

Italian construction company WeBuild (which took over part of Astaldi’s operations last year under a demerger operation) and its Romanian partner Tancrad won the tender for the design and execution of 3rd section of the A1 Sibiu - Pitești motorway - the largest contract for a motorway section in Romania so far.

The contract value was set at RON 5.3 bln (EUR 1.06 bln), transport minister Sorin Grindeanu announced.

“The contract for the design and execution of section 3 of the Sibiu-Pitești Highway was awarded! Part of the section that crosses the Carpathians, the Cornetu-Tigveni Section has a length of 37.4 km,” minister Grindeanu said.

The works must be completed in 4 years and 9 months from the date of signing the contract, Grindeanu specified.

Experts warn, however, of possible delays and higher prices of the works as the feasibility study is outdated and superficial.

On March 10, minister Grindeanu announced three bids had been submitted for section 3 of the Sibiu - Pitești motorway, namely from associations led by Turkish Makyol, Austrian Strabag and Italian Astaldi.

andrei@romania-insider.com

(Photo source: Facebook/Sorin Grindeanu)

Normal
Profile picture for user andreich
Andrei Chirileasa
Editor-in-Chief

Andrei studied finance at the Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies and started his journalism career in 2004 with Ziarul Financiar, the leading financial newspaper in Romania, where he worked for ten years, the last six of which as editor of the capital markets section. He joined the Romania-Insider.com team in 2014 as editor and became Editor-in-Chief in 2016. He currently oversees the daily content published on Romania-Insider.com and likes to stay up to date with everything relevant in business, politics, and life in Romania. Andrei lives with his family in the countryside in Northern Romania, where he built their own house. In his free time, he studies horticulture and tends to his family’s garden. He enjoys foraging in the woods and long walks on the hills and valleys around his village. Email him for story ideas and interviews at andrei@romania-insider.com. 

 

WeBuild wins EUR 1 bln contract for key section of Sibiu-Pitesti motorway

Italian construction company WeBuild (which took over part of Astaldi’s operations last year under a demerger operation) and its Romanian partner Tancrad won the tender for the design and execution of 3rd section of the A1 Sibiu - Pitești motorway - the largest contract for a motorway section in Romania so far.

The contract value was set at RON 5.3 bln (EUR 1.06 bln), transport minister Sorin Grindeanu announced.

“The contract for the design and execution of section 3 of the Sibiu-Pitești Highway was awarded! Part of the section that crosses the Carpathians, the Cornetu-Tigveni Section has a length of 37.4 km,” minister Grindeanu said.

The works must be completed in 4 years and 9 months from the date of signing the contract, Grindeanu specified.

Experts warn, however, of possible delays and higher prices of the works as the feasibility study is outdated and superficial.

On March 10, minister Grindeanu announced three bids had been submitted for section 3 of the Sibiu - Pitești motorway, namely from associations led by Turkish Makyol, Austrian Strabag and Italian Astaldi.

andrei@romania-insider.com

(Photo source: Facebook/Sorin Grindeanu)

Normal
 

facebooktwitterlinkedin

1

Romania Insider Free Newsletters