Profile picture for user andreich
Andrei Chirileasa
Editor-in-Chief

Andrei studied finance at the Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies and started his journalism career in 2004 with Ziarul Financiar, the leading financial newspaper in Romania, where he worked for ten years, the last six of which as editor of the capital markets section. He joined the Romania-Insider.com team in 2014 as editor and became Editor-in-Chief in 2016. He currently oversees the daily content published on Romania-Insider.com and likes to stay up to date with everything relevant in business, politics, and life in Romania. Andrei lives with his family in the countryside in Northern Romania, where he built their own house. In his free time, he studies horticulture and tends to his family’s garden. He enjoys foraging in the woods and long walks on the hills and valleys around his village. Email him for story ideas and interviews at [email protected] 

 

Board dismisses CEO of Romanian state-owned gas producer Romgaz

The Board of Directors of Romanian state-owned gas producer Romgaz (SNG) dismissed the company’s CEO Adrian Volintiru, according to a report sent to the Bucharest Stock Exchange on Wednesday, January 13.

Deputy general manager Daniel Corneliu Pena will temporarily take over the CEO’s duties until the board names another general manager.

Volintiru was appointed as CEO of Romgaz in June 2018.

Initially he had a mandate of four months which changed into a four-year mandate in October 2018.

Romgaz is one of the most valuable state-owned companies in Romania, with a market capitalization of RON 11.8 bln (EUR 2.42 bln), as of Wednesday, January 13.

The state holds a 70% stake in the company, while the remaining 30% of the shares are held by investors on the Bucharest Stock Exchange and London Stock Exchange.

(Photo:Romgaz Facebook Page)

[email protected]

Normal
Profile picture for user andreich
Andrei Chirileasa
Editor-in-Chief

Andrei studied finance at the Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies and started his journalism career in 2004 with Ziarul Financiar, the leading financial newspaper in Romania, where he worked for ten years, the last six of which as editor of the capital markets section. He joined the Romania-Insider.com team in 2014 as editor and became Editor-in-Chief in 2016. He currently oversees the daily content published on Romania-Insider.com and likes to stay up to date with everything relevant in business, politics, and life in Romania. Andrei lives with his family in the countryside in Northern Romania, where he built their own house. In his free time, he studies horticulture and tends to his family’s garden. He enjoys foraging in the woods and long walks on the hills and valleys around his village. Email him for story ideas and interviews at [email protected] 

 

Board dismisses CEO of Romanian state-owned gas producer Romgaz

The Board of Directors of Romanian state-owned gas producer Romgaz (SNG) dismissed the company’s CEO Adrian Volintiru, according to a report sent to the Bucharest Stock Exchange on Wednesday, January 13.

Deputy general manager Daniel Corneliu Pena will temporarily take over the CEO’s duties until the board names another general manager.

Volintiru was appointed as CEO of Romgaz in June 2018.

Initially he had a mandate of four months which changed into a four-year mandate in October 2018.

Romgaz is one of the most valuable state-owned companies in Romania, with a market capitalization of RON 11.8 bln (EUR 2.42 bln), as of Wednesday, January 13.

The state holds a 70% stake in the company, while the remaining 30% of the shares are held by investors on the Bucharest Stock Exchange and London Stock Exchange.

(Photo:Romgaz Facebook Page)

[email protected]

Normal
 

Romania Insider Free Newsletters