Romania Insider

Romanian Agriculture Ministry will pay EUR 177 mln compensations to farmers hit by drought

Romania’s Agriculture Ministry will pay RON 850 million (EUR 177 mln) to farmers whose crops were damaged by the drought this year.

The allotted sum should cover at least 80% of the damages incurred by local farmers, according to agriculture minister Adrian Oros, Agerpres reported. The remaining 20% will be covered after the next budget amendment in October, the minister said.

The Agriculture Ministry received RON 3.45 bln (EUR 717 mln) worth of extra funds at the budget amendment last week. The money will cover the compensations for farmers directly and indirectly hit by the drought and for those whose businesses have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

[email protected]

(Photo source: Pixabay.com)

Normal
Romania Insider

Romanian Agriculture Ministry will pay EUR 177 mln compensations to farmers hit by drought

Romania’s Agriculture Ministry will pay RON 850 million (EUR 177 mln) to farmers whose crops were damaged by the drought this year.

The allotted sum should cover at least 80% of the damages incurred by local farmers, according to agriculture minister Adrian Oros, Agerpres reported. The remaining 20% will be covered after the next budget amendment in October, the minister said.

The Agriculture Ministry received RON 3.45 bln (EUR 717 mln) worth of extra funds at the budget amendment last week. The money will cover the compensations for farmers directly and indirectly hit by the drought and for those whose businesses have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

[email protected]

(Photo source: Pixabay.com)

Normal
 

Romania Insider Free Newsletters