Romanian healthcare group Medlife ups turnover by 20% in first quarter

MedLife, the biggest private healthcare services provider in Romania, reached a turnover of RON 176 million (EUR 38 million) in the first quarter of this year, up by 20% compared to the same period of 2017.

All business lines recorded double-digit growth rates in the first three months, with laboratories and clinics increasing their revenues by almost a quarter. However, the company’s net profit only increased by 3.8% to RON 4.39 million (EUR 0.94 million) as the operational expenses also grew at a fast pace.

MedLife is controlled by the local Marcu family, who own 47% of its shares. The remaining 53% are held by investors on the Bucharest Stock Exchange, including local pension funds and foreign investors.

MedLife has a market capitalization of EUR 165 million after its shares have lost 10% of their value in the last 2 months.

Founders sell 1.7% stake in Romanian medical services group MedLife

[email protected]

Romania Insider
Free Newsletters

Be up to speed with what’s happening in Romania! Choose from our 7 newsletters, covering the entire array of business, social, politics, and entertainment news

Subscribe now