The Romania Insider Awards event is organized by Business Insider SRL, based in Romania, Bucharest, 1 Pache Protopopescu Square, 2nd floor, Apt. 6, 021 401, registered at the Bucharest Trade Registry under the number J40/6901/2011, C.I.F. 28588173. Business Insider SRL, further referred to as “We” or “Us”, is the data controller of the personal data submitted and processed within this form.
We process the personal data provided by you in accordance with the Romanian Law no. 677/2001 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, modified and supplemented and the Law. 506/2004 concerning the processing of personal data and privacy. Starting with May 25th, 2018, the personal data provided will be processed in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) and any regulations which will replace the Romanian Law no. 677/2001.
Personal data processed
The personal data processed is the information provided by you, as the User by using the website Romania-Insider.com and its subdomains in conjunction with submitting a nomination for the Romania Insider Awards Event. This personal data includes full name (first name and last name), e-mail address, phone number, job function , and if the case, any personal data that may be related to or included in the description of the project submitted.
Reason for processing the data
We use the data provided by you through this form to check the validity of your nomination and to enter your project into the selection & awarding process.
If the project you nominated will enter the online voting phase of the competition or among the finalists, we will email you either personally or via our automated e-mailing system to update you on the status of your nomination.
If you submit a request to join our panel for the Young Generation Award for Contribution to Society, we will email you either personally or via our automated e-mailing system to communicate with you about your participation in the panel.
Rights of the User in relation to personal data
The User can make requests to Business Insider SRL to exercise their following rights:
- The right to be informed – it’s in your rights to know, even from the point of collection, what data is collected, how will your data be used, to whom will your data be transferred or divulged and your rights regarding your personal data.
- The right to access the personal data collected about you – you have the right to know if your personal data is being processed and to get access to the data collected.
- The right to rectification of inaccurate personal data – you have the right to change or add to it if your personal data processed is inaccurate or out-of-date.
- The right to erasure of all data stored (right to be forgotten) – you have the right to request and obtain from us the deletion of all personal data collected concerning you, without undue delay. The only exceptions to this concern the data that is used for statistical purposes, to exercise a legal obligation or to state or defend a right in a court of law.
- The right to restriction of processing of personal data – you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data for a certain period of time, without having it deleted, by sending us a request in this regard, if you need that data for establishing, exercising or defending a right in court.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to receive from us the data that you provided us and give your data to another data controller without opposition or delay.
- The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you, except if it is necessary for enforcing a contract between you and us, it is authorised by the European Union or the state law and which also lays down suitable measures to safeguard your or it is based on your explicit consent.
You can exercise these rights by contacting Business Insider SRL by any of the following means:
By email at [email protected]
By written request to the postal address: Business Insider SRL, Romania, Bucharest, 1 Pache Protopopescu Square, 2nd floor, apt. 6, 021 401.
We will respond to your request within 28 days and we can extend this term for specific reasons, related to the complexity of your request. In all cases, if this period is extended, we will inform you about the extension period and the reasons that led to it.
If we cannot give you access to your data, either for legal reasons or because the identifiers provided by you are not sufficient, we will inform you in due time, having the possibility to offer additional information, or, if the case informing you on the reasons for the refusal.
The request and/or the notice must contain information regarding the User’s name and e-mail address in order to verify the origin of the request.
We commit to maintaining the security of your data and to ensure that appropriate measures are taken against unlawful or unauthorized processing of personal data, against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data, by putting in place the appropriate hardware and software security measures and enforcing the appropriate procedures to maintain the security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of deletion, including keeping your information confidential by allowing only the authorised people to access the personal data provided.
Besides the confidentiality of the personal data provided within the form, we also pledge to maintain the confidentiality of the nominated companies’ information regarding: retention and tenure, commercial information about certain projects, data regarding HR procedures, and any other information you notify us as being confidential, but helping in having a clear understanding of the project nominated, unless that information was made public during the project development and implementation. We will use such data only for the nomination and judging process, except for the information provided by you, marked in the form as being public.
Latest revision 22.06.2018.
Read some fresh articles
Romania’s prime minister Viorica Dancila tried to explain once more on Friday, September 20, why she
The Bucharest Court of Appeal ruled that Romania’s former president Traian Basescu collaborated with
A 62-year-old Dutch tourist was seriously injured in a bike accident in Romania’s Bucegi Mountains
The Romanians working abroad started to return to the country, according to labor minister Marius
Most Romanians want the exploitation of natural gas resources in the Black Sea area and the building
The advertisements for infant formulas, baby bottles and teats will be prohibited in Romania,
Romania’s Interior Ministry has signed a contract with Airbus Helicopters for the purchase of three
Romanian politicians had diverse reactions to the EU Council’s favorable vote for appointing
The Romanian Parliament’s Palace, the second-biggest administrative building in the world, is valued
The Supervisory Board of Romanian state-owned power grid operator Transelectrica confirmed on
Individuals who rent their apartments to tourists through online platforms such as AirBnB or Booking
Bucharest’s General Council, controlled by the Social Democratic Party (PSD), approved several